Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Life After Divorce and Proverbs 31


 
I have been divorced for 4 years now, Wow that seems like it should be longer, and what a time of transition it has been, There are so many stages to go through and I feel like sharing a couple.
 
With these stages there has been much loss, I feel I have weathered the storms as well as I could. One of the biggest losses was my role as a wife. I took this role very seriously, Here are the things I miss most about it.  I loved cooking and caring for my home, I am a rare woman who loves to do laundry. I loved my Laundry Room! It was sunny yellow and decorated with Bird Houses and Sweet Curtains. I had the best prayer time folding clothes.
 
Then there was my Kitchen, I loved my kitchen with Cherry Red Appliances, I love buying kitchen gadgets and Tupperware. I was just starting to collect Teapots, Oh How I love tea! Flowery teapots, old teapots, fabric teapots and a couple of paintings of teapots
 
 
 


and last but not least is my Small Studio, My Crafty Corner, This is where I could go to think of something other than the things that stressed me out. I had just gotten it right how I liked it. I made ATC Cards, painted Black and white Pictures, Sewed, Scrapbooked and etc

 
 
 
Things just change, Fast forward and I am busy working supporting my son and I and I feel like I have the weight of life and all of it's obligations weighing on my shoulders. I miss the times that made me feel warm and feminine. I have thought about it for some time, and I maybe have been a little confused..........Confused because I do not miss the marriage, or my ex- Husband, in that sense, being released from my marriage was the best thing ever.  but I continued to long for those sweet times that I just described.
 
My life moves faster now, there is stress everywhere and I sometimes don't cook for days and this makes me so sad.
 
I started praying about it, asking God, what is going on here God, I am really happy and content in my life, why am I feeling like this and what should I do?
 
My answer came.......... Here it is! I thought that because I don't have a husband I no longer qualified as a Proverbs 31 wife. Isn't that so sad! it's kind of true. But look at this.
 
 
Yes I am! it's one of the reasons We eat and don't have to be naked!
 
 
I do this too! We don't even eat much bread!
 
I admit that sometimes less kind things come out of this mouth sometimes, But I love to share the things I have learned and I love the people around me.
 
Just because I am not married right now does not mean that I won't ever be and it does not mean that I don't have Clothes to fold, Prayers to pray, Dinners to cook and dishes to clean, and Art to create! It just means that I have to make time for it and Remember the Joy that these blessed chores bring.
 
I Can Do This!!!!!! I can do all of the things I love and miss as worship to my God and Savior!
 
 
One day I will marry again.
 
 
 
I will be an even lovelier gracious wife, Because God gave me this desire and he is faithful to complete the work he began in me a long time ago. Don't allow change to disqualify you!
 
Blessings, Lori
 

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 [b]A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

2 comments:

pchickki said...

Fantastic post Lori !'this will draw much interest.
I am so proud of what you have accomplished in 4 years and yes, you will marry again! What a lucky guy he will be.
Don't ever change your beautiful soul my daughter.
love you
Mom

cant wait to read your next post

cherry said...

Hi Lori....thank you so much for leaving such a very very kind comment! My Mama died 2 weeks ago and I know the pain of loss....your post made me smile! hugs, cherry