Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beauty From Ashes...............

I never thought there would be a time when He would really turn my ashes into beauty, I mean really what can you turn a pile of ashes into? Well you or I can not turn them into anything really, at least not by our might. But there is a God in heaven who wants the best for his children, he is the only one that can make anything out of ashes. Whether it be the ashes of our hopes and dreams, the ashes of our addictions, the ashes of our stubbornness, our wretchedness, For me my life had gone down in a HUGE fireball of flames...... Oh but Thank the Almighty Lord that it did, for I may not have had the opportunity to feel like I am feeling now. I am so humbled...............

Since my life changed so very drastically my prayer has been that when God finished preparing my soul mate and I finally met him that as I looked into his eyes I would recognize him, truly know him............ The book of Ruth has been my constant prayer, that the Lord would send me my kinsman redeemer, That he would see me first, and would find favor with me. God even gave me a Naomi, He truly is amazing and really hears the desires of our hearts, He really does know each hair on our head, once more he placed them on that head, He says in Isaiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you ............He knew me? He formed me? he loves me? How can that be? If he really knows me then should he really love me? oh I know he loves you and I can tell you all day long about how he loves you, all the while struggling to believe he loves me......So much to wrestle with, so much to carry........ until he sent him to me, My Boaz....... My kinsman redeemer..... My friend........... My breath.........My heart.

I have known him for awhile now, and have admired him greatly, He is a Beautiful Strong, Gentle, Tender man and I loved him from the start, not necessarily romantic, mostly because I thought he'd never see me, but my spirit loved his spirit immediately. This man can talk about God with a passion  I have never seen. He has the most beautiful eyes, truly the window to his soul. He is of great worth, someone to be treasured, Someone I never thought I could treasure. Then one summer night God opened our eyes, and my life will never be the same again. I believe I never had a clue that a connection could be this strong, that someone would share my language, that there was someone that could see me straight through, that a hug would feel so safe, that a kiss could be so intoxicating, that a correction could be so loving. I never thought that I could be in "love" at all, much less have a better understanding of how God loves me because he sent this man to show me.

I will love him forever, I will protect him fiercely, I will hold up his arms when his sword is heavy, I will come along side him and work until he is finished, I will not leave him alone, I will love his babies and put them first above me, so that they will always know their father loves them, I will praise his good deeds and I will caution his not so good, I will pray for him without ceasing, I will pray and study with him, I will cook and clean for him. I will serve him as worship to  My Heavanly Father. I will bear his burdens, I will weep when he weeps, I will laugh when he laughs and remain calm as he is calm, for he is truly of such worth and excellence!

And Because I LOVE HIM!

Amen and Amen!

Lori


3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is wonderful my dear sister. I am so thrilled and reoicing beyond measure. I will continue to uphold you in prayer. This is so wonderful how God answers our prayers. Just think he had this special man for you when you were in the deepest hurts not so long ago. I am so happy that your Boaz let you glean from his fields. Keep us posted...we want to meet this man soon. I love you Lori.

Anonymous said...

Lori, I'm so glad God has blessed you! It is always amazing how prayers can be answered and such blessings be bestowed. You deserve to be loved richly!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written