Monday, May 12, 2008

A Heartfelt Thank You TO our Men in Uniform.......

Hello Friends,

We send Donovan to school each day to learn but the learning does not stop there, We also do some home Schooling of our own. We are really in to history so we have passed that on to Donovan, We also study our Bible, and the teachings of our Lord and try to live what we are taught.

The reason I chose "Out of the Mouth The hearts speaks is because I truly believe that out of your mouth your heart speaks, So if you have Love you will speak Love, and if you have Hate then so you will speak hate. Our words can be sharper than a 2 edged sword.

I have said Many terrible things in my life, to people and about people, ( I am sure you can all relate) but what is most important to me is what I say Good to and about People. It is my hearts desire to Speak Love, Encouragement and joy from my mouth. This is what I am imparting to my little boy.

I want to share with you a little family project of ours, Donovan and I sat down and wrote 4 Thank you notes each to be sent to some lucky soldiers fighting to keep us safe. I thought Donovan's were so precious I just had to share with you!
The bigger Angel is Gramma Grape, and I quote "Because Momma, Did you know that People that go to heaven become Angels!"
This is him camping and praying under the stars, on his knees with a special cross that sticks in the ground!.

Did you notice the Confederate flag and the American Flag in the first picture, you can see that we are currently studying the Civil War.

Much Love and Prayers for you All

Lori Garbarino

4 comments:

pchickki said...

Oh my gosh! This made me cry. What a wonderful thing to do.

Give him BIG kisses for me.
Love You
Mom

Fete et Fleur said...

Hello Sweet Lori!
I wonder what it is on my blog that't causing that. I'm so sorry. Thank you for the lovely comment on the portrait. It was definitely a big step for me to post that photo.

Blessings!
Nancy

P.S. You are such a wonderful Mommy! I hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

you are more than welcome to take that code of Christian ethics off my blog.. I got it from a Christian site... just copy and paste if ya want. if you need help let me know. I love Donavans card .. that is such a wonderful thing to do !! Love ya. Miss ya, Hugs, Mica

Anonymous said...

How nice! I think that is so wonderful. I know those things are appreciated. When my son-in-law was stationed over there, he truly looked forward to mail and contact from home.

Bless You,
vickie