Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Complete Jane Austin








Masterpiece Theater has been showing "The Complete Jane Austin" including Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, and Persuasion. I have long thought that my favorite was Pride and Prejudice and I took a survey that said I was most like Elizabeth Bennett, but I have to say Anne Elliott from Persuasion has really given Elizabeth a run for her Money! I just love this adaptation of Persuasion Sally Hawkins just reaches the heart of Anne's Soul. Here is more about Persuasion:


"The one claim I shall make for my own sex is that we love longest, when all hope is gone."
— Anne Elliot in Persuasion

Unhappily unmarried at age 27, and dealing with family financial peril, hope is fading from Anne Elliot's (Sally Hawkins, Little Britain) life. Circumstances bring Captain Frederick Wentworth (Rupert Penry-Jones, Casanova), a dashing naval officer she once deeply loved, back into her life eight years after Anne was persuaded by her family to reject his marriage proposal. Having returned from sea with a new fortune, Wentworth is surrounded by swooning women while Anne broods at the periphery, longing to be in Wentworth's favor. Now Anne comes face-to-face with the deep regret of her old decision, and her abiding love for Wentworth, as she wonders if a long ago love can be rekindled.


When you have a chance take the time and check out this website to see if it is being played in your area, You will not be disappointed!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/austen/index.html

Enjoy and Let me know what you think?

Which Jane Austin Character are you most like and Why?

Which Jane Austin Character Do you wish you were most like?

Can't Wait

Lori


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jane Austin Movies, stories and books....

"HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY" to you and your little sweet family!!

Have a lovely weekend in Christ!

Hugs
XOXO,
Jeannene

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!! As far as which one, I couldn't pick because I've reread them all so many times! Have a blessed weekend.

Raechelle Ivy said...

I can't believe you don't have a picture of the TRUE Mr. Darcy!!!!! COLLIN FIRTH!!!! There is NO BETTER MR DARCY!!! YUM YUM YUM!!!!!

Yes my husband knows my weakness for this man!!!
HE IS SOOOO SEXY!!!!

Raechelle Ivy said...

OH I love him...and I DO know how to spell his name!!!

COLIN!!!!!

My finger must have slipped!

Raechelle Ivy said...

OH FORGIVE ME!!!
I scrolled down to fast!!!
I see my secret lover now!!!!