Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I serve an Awesome God!

I left a message for a fellow blogger and was reminded of some of my favorite scriptures and became so blessed by them and I feel I must share. I am so blessed to be able to worship my Lord each day, so much so that I am giddy about it. The Joy Of The Lord Is My Strength!

Isaiah 43:1-3

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, and you are mine.

When you pass through the waters I will be with you! and through the rivers, they will not overflow you.

When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.

For I am the Lord your God the Holy one of Israel, Your Savior,

and Isaiah 43:5 Do not fear for I am with you.

and Isaiah 40:31 Those that wait for the Lord, Will gain new strength,They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get weary, The will Walk and not fail.

Be blessed today and Be still and Know that he is GOD!

Lori

This is one of my favorite Hymms and you should hear Crystal Lewis Sing it!

When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like the sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
‘It is well with my soul.’

2 Tho’ Satan should buffet, tho’ trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

3 My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious tho’t!—
My sin, not in part, but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

4 And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll,
The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend,
‘Even so,’ it is well with my soul.

Chorus It is well with my soul,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Logos Hymnal. 1995 (1st edition.). Logos Research Systems, Inc.: Oak Harbor, WA

4 comments:

Raechelle Ivy said...

Hey girl...thanks for leaving me a comment!!!
I hope to post a new blog soon. I have been in bed with pneumonia for a week. It is poopy!
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori...do you remember me, Teresa Brooks, now Baker for the past 7 1/2 years? Raechelle gave me your blog address - I love what you wrote about the Awesome God we serve! What church do you go to? We (my husband, two children and I) go to Compass Bible Church in Aliso Viejo. I pray that your family has a blessed Christmas celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

Lori Garbarino said...

Of Course I remember you Teresa, Great to hear from you and Congratulations for graduating from College this year, We are in between Churches right now But I know the Lord will lead us to the right place. I would love to catch up with you sometime. Raechelle has my email also . I hope your family have a wonderful Christmas season also, So Wonderful that we share a Faith in the Most high!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Very good scriptures. You have such a beautiful spirit Lori. love nita