Monday, February 4, 2008

Jane Austin

The local PBS station is showing the Complete Jane Austin Series on the Masterpiece show (check your local listings). Last night they showed Ms. Austin Regrets!. I haven't seen it all just yet but I did see a scene in which Jane and her sister are speaking of their regrets, This scene shows so well the love between two sisters, it brought me back to my childhood with my own sister and How much I love her, I was so very close to her and my Mother and Father, I have what you would call a "Pink and Fluffy" childhood, It was perfect, I grew up in a loving Christ-Centered home that cultivated the best relationships. I do truly remember feeling lost when I was old enough to get married and felt the pain of seperation between my sister and I, Now I truly do remain extremely close to my sister, unusualy close by most standards, We work together 40 hrs a week and then play together, scrapping, and so on but I can truly still remember how it felt when I realized that it's not just going to be her and I against the world and that we would now have to share each other.

Below is a narrative of the movie I saw last night,(thank God I taped it) I would recomend any Jane Austin Movie or book always....

"The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love."— Jane Austen in Sense and Sensibility

Approaching her fortieth birthday, Jane Austen (Olivia Williams, Emma, The Sixth Sense) appears happily unmarried. When asked by her young niece Fanny (Imogen Poots) to help her vet potential husbands, Jane's confident composure is threatened as she finds herself looking back on her own potential suitors and the choices she has made. Could potential family financial ruin have been averted if she'd accepted the proposal of a wealthy landowner? And what about the handsome young physician Jane meets as a result of a family illness?
Based on the life and letters of Jane Austen, Miss Austen Regrets tells the story of the novelist's final years, examining why, despite setting the standard for romantic fiction, she died having never married or met her own Mr. Darcy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane Austin is one of my favorite authors. I've read her books so many times.

pchickki said...

Lori
Your blog is very interesting. I love the look of your new page and I love the music.


Looks really professional.
Love
Mama Chickki